SOOTHE & PROTECT sensitive skin with our Calendula Oat Soothing Face Lotion formulated for irritated and sensitive skin. This healing mid-weight lotion is perfect for daily use or can be applied more heavily overnight. The gorgeous buttercream hue of this lotion comes from an infusion of deeply nourishing calendula flower rosemary leaf extract and sea buckthorn CO2 extract.
Our unscented soothing face lotion is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like calendula, sea buckthorn, licorice root and oats which promote healing and calm inflammation. Oats form a light protective barrier on the surface of the skin trapping moisture inside and preventing transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and dehydration. Chamomile flower, allantoin and arrowroot soothe irritation and decrease redness. Safflower oil, shea butter and evening primrose oil soften and replenish the skins' lipids, deliver a wide variety of vitamins and combat inflammation. Help your skin return to its natural state of health and equilibrium with this rich and healing face lotion.
- Soothe and Reduce Redness
- Sea buckthorn can help reduce inflammation following UV exposure, protecting skin against sun damage
- Studies show that chamomile performs potent skin-soothing action, among other benefits
- Licorice root contains glabridin, is a potent antioxidant and skin-soothing ingredient
- Research shows avenathramides, potent types of antioxidants found in oats (and colloidal oatmeal), can help soothe skin
- Calendula is believed to have skin-soothing properties and a positive effect on wound-healing
- Allantoin serves as an effective soothing agent and has moisturizing properties, giving it value for treating sensitive or compromised skin
- There is some evidence that arrowroot starch enhances wound healing and calms inflammation
- Moisturize & Lock In Moisture
- A high concentration of beta-glucan and starches in colloidal oatmeal give it water-binding properties thus acting as an effective skin protectant
- The fatty acids in evening primrose oil, in particular gamma-linoelic acid (GLA) can have significant skin-soothing and emollient benefits for skin. It can also help other ingredients absorb more readily into skin.
- Shea butter is a friend to dry skin; it contains a rich source of antioxidants and skin-replenishing fatty acids
- High oleic safflower oil is composed of over 75% oleic fatty and is unparalleled in its ability to moisturize the skin
This product is unscented; however, it has a pleasant, earthy scent as a result of the shea butter, licorice root and oats.
After cleansing the skin, use a clean, dry finger to scoop an almond-size amount of lotion out of the jar. Apply to the face using a gentle circular motion and upward strokes. Take a moment to breath in the delicate floral bouquet. Use morning and night or as needed. Lock in moisture with our Reverence Face Oil (coming soon!)
Aqua (Distilled Water), Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Oil*, Emulsifying Wax NF, Shea Butter*, Glycerine, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Hippophae rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Allantoin, Avena sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice Root), Hydrolyzed Oats, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Maranta Arundinaceae (Arrowroot) Powder, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Extract, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate
Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid and Sorbic Acid are weak organic acids that preserve this product at less than 1% of total weight. Our preservative meets ECOCERT standards and has an excellent safety profile being recognized as safe for sensitive skin. However, any ingredient can produce irritation in select individuals, so please patch-test before use and discontinue if irritation occurs
Even natural compounds can irritate some skin types, so please patch-test before use and discontinue if irritation occurs. Even gentle physical exfoliation is not advised for extremely sensitive skin.